Last Updated on September 17, 2022
Cleaning carpets is one of the most important chores which can’t be ignored for a long time. A carpet cleaner makes this task easier by handling most of the work.
With less effort in a minimum period, you can get all the dirt out of your home.
However, new varieties of carpet cleaners are flooding the market with modern inventions. Variations also exist among them.
Some models have quite similar properties but only minor differences, which make it difficult to decide about one right model. Therefore, to make it easy for you, we have researched enough to pick two of the most recommended carpet cleaners considering their prices, features, and functions.
In this article on Bissell Little Green vs. Proheat, we have shared a detailed comparison between these two models.
Bissell Little Green Vs. Proheat: A Quick Comparison
Bissell Little Green and Proheat are two of the most famous carpet cleaners, but there are some minor differences between them. On the basis of these differences, one of them is considered better than the other.
Below we have elaborated a comparison chart on Bissell Little Green Vs. Proheat.
|Model||Bissell Little Green||Bissell Proheat|
|Price||Check Recent Price||Check Recent Price|
|Type||Portable carpet & upholstery cleaner||Upright carpet cleaner|
|Weight||9.65 lbs||19.75 lbs|
|Power Rating||Three amps||Six amps|
|Length of Hose||4 feet||7 feet|
|Length of Cord||15 feet||22 feet|
|Specified Areas||Upholstery, rugs, carpets, stairs, and auto-interior||Upholstery, carpets, stairs, and rugs|
|Capacity of Tank||48 oz.||1 gallon|
|Self Cleaning Tool||Yes||No|
|Supported By Bissell Pet Foundation||Yes||Yes|
Bissell Little Green vs. Bissell Proheat – Design
Both of these carpet cleaners have a high reputation due to premium quality and top-notch features that customers highly appreciate. However, Bissell Proheat has been discontinued, and it’s quite hard to find the newest models.
Bissell Little Green
Bissell Little Green was the original and first ever product manufactured in this series which is no longer formed. This carpet cleaner was designed before all other models, and it is not considered the advanced version but still has many better features.
- The motor installed in Little Green has a power rating of only three amps which is comparably less than Proheat.
- The body consists of two tanks – one for cleaning solutions and the other for gathering dirt.
- A handle is installed at the top side of Little Green to carry it. It has green avocado-like color from where it has got this name.
Bissell Proheat vacuum cleaner is an advanced version in this series and looks similar to modern cleaners.
- Compared to Bissell Little Green, Proheat has a large tank and includes more cleaning options.
- A hook is also attached to the top handle, where you can easily wrap the cord.
- A spray trigger is also attached to its handgrip.
- Its design and structure totally differ from Little Green. It has black in color with red striped on its surface.
Bissell Little Green vs. Bissell Proheat – Features
Bissell Proheat has better and extra features than Bissell Little Green.
Bissell Little Green
Though it has fewer features than Proheat, these features are far better than many other vacuums.
- A flexible and long hose makes it easy to clean different home areas.
- The HydroRinse Self Cleaning tool is one of the best features in this unit.
- Its hose is capped under a 3-inches Tough Stain Tool.
- You can easily scrub tough stains with its brush having bristles.
- Due to its small size, you can take it to smaller spaces for in-depth cleaning without lifting the whole machine.
- The Bissell Proheat has HeatWave technology which allows perfect temperature maintenance during cleaning.
- It is more efficient and faster in cleaning, which helps you clean large surface areas without much effort.
- A DirtLifter Power Brush is installed in this carpet cleaner with strong bristles.
- It can attach to the Spraying Crevice Tool as well as the Tough Stain tool with the help of a special hose.
Bissell Little Green vs. Bissell Proheat – Performance
In terms of performance and suction power, Bissell Proheat has more points compared to Bissell Little Green.
Bissell Little Green
- The three amps motor installed in Little Green provides strong suction power but not more than Proheat.
- You can easily get rid of spot stains and do regular house chores. But it takes more effort to remove tough stains.
- Its tank capacity is almost 48 oz which is comparably low but enough to do the job.
- Little Green has one advantage. You can easily clean upholstery and confined places with it which can’t be done in Proheat.
- Bissell Proheat has a more powerful motor of 6 amps providing great suction.
- With its advanced PowerBrush Technology, Bissell Proheat can pick up all dirt and debris without leaving even a drop of sand.
- It also has the capacity to remove germs and bad odors.
Bissell Little Green vs. Bissell Proheat – Cleaning Solutions
Both have their own specified cleaning solutions which give the best results.
Bissell Little Green
- Bissell Little Green works best with Spot & Stain along with the Febreze Freshness mixture.
- You can eliminate the toughest stains with the help of this solution.
- Luckily, these cleaning solutions provide no harm to pets and humans due to their non-toxic nature.
- Bissell Proheat is compatible with PRO MAX Clean + Protect Formula.
- This cleaning solution can remove in-depth stains.
- You can wash carpets and rugs without any damage by using this formula.
- It has no harm and is safe for your family.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Bissell Little Green Without Water?
It is not recommended to use Bissell Little Green without water. Though it seems like ordinary vacuums, using them without running water will have bad consequences.
Is boiling water safe for Bissell Vacuums?
Adding hot water in Bissell can help rid dirt piled inside, but that hot water must not be too hot. Tap water can do the best job. However, if you add boiling water to the tank, most parts will start to melt, destroying your whole system.
Can we add vinegar in Bissell Little Green?
You may wonder about adding vinegar in Bissell for a better cleaning outcome, but adding vinegar or any other incompatible solution is not recommended. The acidity of the vinegar and other chemicals can severely damage the interior parts.