Last Updated on April 27, 2022
Dishwashers have proved to be highly beneficial for many people, but little attention is paid to their cleaning. Bosch dishwasher requires deep cleaning over regular intervals so that the efficiency and longevity of the appliance are secured.
You must have encountered hard water stains, undissolved powder/detergent particles, bacterial molds, or food particles leftovers on the surface of your dishwasher. If you are thinking of the best ways to keep your appliance super clean, you are on the right page. All the answers to your queries will be available down below.
What are the best items for dishwasher cleaning? How to get rid of dishwasher stains? Which areas need regular cleaning to restore the efficiency of the dishwasher?
We have enlisted all the best methods and items to keep your dishwasher in the best condition over some time. You will easily learn how to clean a bosch dishwasher.
Required Items for Cleaning Bosch Dishwasher
Dishwasher cleaning does not require any special tools or chemicals. Most of the items are a part of every household. Many natural and homemade remedies also provide the best results in cleaning your dishwashers. These essentials may include;
- Rubber cleaning gloves, microfiber cloth, or any other soft surfaced piece of cloth.
- Dishwashing detergents, powders, cleaning tablets or gels, etc.
- Vinegar and baking soda, in case you opt for a natural DIY.
Dishwasher Areas that Need Deep Cleaning
Bosch Dishwasher Filters cleaning
Bosch dishwashers have a built-in filter in them. This filter catches all the food residues and other particles during cleaning. The filter requires regular cleaning. One has to take off all the residual from the filters, otherwise, they decay and produce a stinky odor. The food may also rust the metallic surface of the filter. Here’s how to clean the filter.
- Take out the spray arms from the bottom.
- Pull out the filters’ lid by twisting it.
- Bosch dishwashers come with mesh screens. Take out the filter and mesh screen.
- You can use warm water, vinegar, and a soft-bristled brush to cleanse the filters and put them back.
Deep clean spray arms
Spray arms contain small holes in them, used to evenly spray water in the whole dishwashers during cleaning. A clogged spray arm may lower the efficiency of the dishwasher. Consequently, dishes come out dirty and bacterias may also reside in the holes, with a bad odor.
By twisting the knob of spray arms, remove it. Use a toothpick to gently remove all the debris clogged in the holes and rinse with warm water.
Clean the tub of the dishwasher
The tub of every dishwasher is mostly exposed to moisture, warmth, and it is prone to get stains and bacterias. Hard water can also leave reddish stains on the tub surface. You can clean the tub by removing all racks, leaving the tub empty.
- Spray/spread a gentle amount of white vinegar in the tub and turn on the cleaning cycle.
- Make sure to turn on the hottest temperature and the longest cleaning cycle.
- You can also sprinkle baking soda on the bottom surface, leave it for some time and turn on the cycle.
- This will eradicate all dirty particles and stinky smells from your dishwasher, leaving it new.
Clear the drain pipelines
Sometimes drain lines can be the root cause behind poor drainage or smell. If your water is not draining out of the dishwasher, check out the drainage installation.
- Separate the drain hose/pipe from the garbage disposal.
- Place the pipe in a basket and run on the dishwasher cycle.
- In case water is still not drained, your hose might be clogged badly. You can open the pipe by spreading a mixture of vinegar and baking soda for some time, or a straight stick can also help.
- If the water comes out in the basket, it means the drain hose is fine and there’s a problem with the garbage disposal.
- Seek professional help in case of clogged garbage disposal.
How to Clean a Bosch Dishwasher – Tools and Methods
Cleaning rubber gloves/Microfiber cloth
You can use soft rubber gloves to clean the tub of your dishwasher as well. Put some cleaning agent on the glove and thoroughly clean the inner surface manually. By using a soft cloth, small corners and rubbers on the edges can be cleaned easily.
Molds sometimes make colonies on these rubbers so they need a deep cleaning as well. Moreover, the exterior surface can also be cleansed with microfibre, preventing the surface from scratches.
Vinegar and baking soda
Considering the home-based remedies, vinegar and baking soda are a great help. Filters can be washed by soaking them in a mixture of water and vinegar. A clean tub can also be achieved with no stains by simply spreading the vinegar and running the hottest and long cycle. A similar process can be repeated with baking soda for the fragrant and clean dishwasher.
Use Bosch descaler
Bosch has also introduced a range with dishwasher cleaner and descaler. You can also use it after regular intervals to avoid any greasy stains and hard watermarks on the surface. Simply spread a box of cleaner/descaler on the bottom surface of an empty descaler. Turn on the longest and the hottest cleaning cycle to deep cleanse the entire surface.
How to remove the smell/odor from the bosch dishwasher?
Dishwashers are regularly used and may smell bad sometimes. It is hence mandatory to maintain hygiene with regular cleaning.
- Vinegar/ cleaning agents can reduce the odor since they fight against smell-producing bacterial mold on the surface.
- Deep clean your dishwasher every month.
- Check for the clogs in every part of the appliance to avoid a stinky smell.
- If your drainage is the cause behind the odor, you might need professional help, if you want your utensils stainless, germ-free, and hygienic.
Dishwashers can be a bit difficult to clean, but with little maintenance and regular cleaning, you can avoid major problems. Keep cleaning the small section such as filters, spray arms, and tubs to avoid smell or clogs. You can use vinegar, baking soda, detergents, powders, and tablets, for cleaning. However, if your garbage disposal and drainage system are the trouble-causing factors, it is recommended to seek professional services for deep cleaning.