Last Updated on June 29, 2022
It doesn’t matter which brand of dishwasher you have; after continuous use, it might get dirty, and you can no longer ignore its cleaning. Similarly, just like any other dishwasher, Frigidaire also requires some cleaning maintenance that isn’t complicated.
It can get blocked by food chunks and limescale build-up that must be removed on time to avoid long-term damage. After some time, the dishwasher may start smelling bad; therefore, maintaining proper cleanliness is important.
In this article, we have described the detailed procedure of cleaning a Frigidaire dishwasher. If you don’t know how to clean your Frigidaire dishwasher, this post will prove helpful to you.
How to Clean Frigidaire Dishwasher: Step-by-Step Guide
Cleaning a Frigidaire dishwasher is a quite simple and quick process. The self-cleaning mode makes it easier; all you need to do is add some cleaning agents and turn on washing cycles.
However, there are certain substances you must avoid to keep your dishwasher in a normal state. The details are provided in this step-by-step guide.
It is essential to gather some necessary tools before cleaning the Frigidaire dishwasher. There are following tools are required to complete tasks efficiently:
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Stain Remover
- Small piece of cloth/towel
- Brush for scrapping
- Dawn Dish Soap
Pull Out Dish Racks
The next thing you should do after choosing the right equipment is to detach the dish racks. It is easy to remove racks by just sliding them out and then lifting them a bit to pull them out of the dishwasher.
You will reach the interior of your dishwasher to clean all the mess created inside it. Wash and clean the dish racks thoroughly if there is any dirt on them. You must remove all detachable parts before cleaning them along with racks.
Clean the Interior & Drain
Once you have access to the dishwasher’s interior, use a cloth or towel to wipe all the dirt on the inner walls of the dishwasher. The drain works to flush the dirty water out of the dishwasher.
A cleaning solution will help to a great extent for deep cleaning. Then reach out to the drain for cleaning. It is compulsory to check the inside carefully and outside. If you find any foreign object lingering in your dishwasher, eliminate it at once.
Wash the Filter
Sometimes food chunks get stuck inside the filter to clog or block the system. However, you can easily remove them by using a soft brush. It is not recommended to scrub the filter to avoid any damage to it. Also, never use stainless steel material for cleaning the interior.
To clean the filter, remove it carefully by unlocking it from the origin. Use a soft cloth or brush to clean the dirt and debris present on the filter. It is also good to wash it with some good cleaning agents.
Note: Wear your plastic gloves while picking up debris through the filter as there could be broken pieces of glass that can injure your hands.
Examine Spray Arm
- The spray arms of your Frigidaire dishwasher can get clogged due to debris accumulation that can block the holes to stop water from moving out.
- To clean the spray arms, use a brush with soft bristles and a solution capable of knocking down the large deposition of minerals.
Wipe Glass Trap
- Taking care of the glass trap is equally important to cleaning other dishwasher parts.
- You can pick it up from its position by twisting it in a clockwise direction.
- If any external material is visible around the glass trap, throw it inside the waste bin.
Use Spong to Mop the Interior
- With the help of a damp microfiber piece of cloth, wipe the dishwasher’s interior.
- You can also use a sponge for this purpose, but the results would be better with the cloth.
- You must also clean the interior surface near the spray arms. If any object is stuck to the wall, clear it off.
- If the object is hard to remove, use the plastic scrubber that you use for washing dishes.
Turn On Self-Cleaning Mode
Most people are unaware of the self-cleaning mode already present in their dishwasher. By turning it on, you allow the automated system to work on its own to clean the inner walls of the dishwasher by producing steam inside.
The steam makes it easy to scrub the walls. By just clicking on the button, you can turn on the settings. This is the ideal setting for deep cleaning a Frigidaire dishwasher.
The dishwasher will run at the normal cycle during this special mode on the hottest available setting.
Wash the External Surface
- The exterior surface of the Frigidaire dishwasher also requires cleaning with a soft cloth.
- If any junk particle is attached to the external surface, wipe it.
- You can also remove stubborn stains by using a cleaning formula.
- After cleaning the exterior with a wet cloth, use a dry piece to wipe the door and other parts to give a fabulous touch.
How to Clean Frigidaire Dishwasher Using Lemon Juice & Dawn Soap For Cleaning Dishes
You can use lemon juice and soap for cleaning a Frigidaire dishwasher.
- Take 1 Tbsp of dawn dish soap and put it inside the dispensary specified for soap.
- Also, add some drops of lemon juice to it.
- Turn on the wash cycle to get everything cleaned perfectly.
How to Remove Bad Odor From Frigidaire Dishwasher
Commonly, food and wastewater can create an awful smell inside your dishwasher if they remain untreated for a long time. The best way to get rid of bad smells is adding baking soda into the machine.
The stagnant water can create a sewage-like smell if you do not remove it in time.
How to Clean Frigidaire Dishwasher: Tips & Tricks
You can try some helpful tips and tricks to clean the Frigidaire dishwasher more efficiently.
- Experts suggest always cleaning filters and drains before you initiate the cleaning cycle.
- If you are using the dishwasher on a regular basis, make sure to check the dispensary. By adding detergents regularly, you will definitely affect the lifespan of your dishwasher.
- To remove mold depositions, you can use bleach and keep it on the top rack. Do not forget to remove stainless steel parts before placing bleach inside the dishwasher.
- Hard water and harsh cleaning solutions can severely impact the Frigidaire dishwasher. So it is better to avoid using them, and replacing them with soft detergent would be a better idea.