Last Updated on June 29, 2022
Like any other high-quality dishwasher, Maytag also requires proper cleaning to ensure longevity. The cleaning will make the dishwasher run without jerking and protect it from rough stains and dirty spots.
As the Maytag brand claims, the dishwashers must occasionally be cleaned as soon as the need arises. Dirty and unclean dishes can expose your dishwasher to soap scum, food debris, and grease that can reside in the machine and affect its performance.
Therefore, you must learn how to clean the Maytag dishwasher to keep it tidy and clean to make it run smoothly.
How to Clean Maytag Dishwasher: Procedure
Cleaning the Maytag dishwasher is a straightforward process. You can do it simply by using some equipment and cleaning solutions. The procedure involves different steps, including cleaning, washing, and rinsing each part.
Tools You’ll Require
You must have the following essential tools to clean Maytag or any dishwasher:
- Liquid Soap
- White vinegar
- Microfiber Cloth
- Paper towels
How to Remove Maytag Dishwasher Filter
There are many methods to clean the filter of your Maytag dishwasher.
- One way is to discard the filter. You have to use warm water along with detergent for washing it.
- Another method is concerned with removing the filter and soaking it in a solution of vinegar and water for some hours.
- You can also use an air purifier to clean the filter.
- For a Maytag dishwasher, you should always prefer to use liquid detergent rather than powdered one as it leaves the least amount of residues compared to those powdered household detergents.
Cleaning Maytag Dishwasher Drain Hose
- The first step in cleaning the Maytag dishwasher is locating its drain and removing the debris inside it.
- Cleaning the drain can help maintain a steady and smooth flow of water. For this purpose, take out the dishwasher’s dish rack to reach the drain.
- Remove all the debris and food particles trapped in the drain hose.
Unclogging Spray Arms of Maytag Dishwasher
- Your dishwasher’s spray arms need to be completely open during the washing cycle.
- Sometimes, the crockery gets stuck around the spray arms and blocks its clear passing. They will stick up in a certain position and will not wash all the contents of your dishwasher needed to be cleaned.
- To avoid such circumstances, you should not wash unique dishes in a dishwasher. Their shape makes it so hard for a dishwasher to clean and dry completely. You should wash them by hand instead.
How to Remove Food Debris Stuck Inside Maytag Dishwasher
- The food debris lies on the topmost part of the Maytag dishwasher. First of all, remove the uppermost rack of your dishwasher.
- Unscrew all the screws of your
- dishwasher to let it hold in its place. Remove the food debris by taking it out of your dishwasher.
- Wipe the interior portion of your dishwasher with the help of a cloth moistened with water and soap.
- Now, remove the food debris and screw the uppermost rack back into its position.
Cleaning the Inside of the Maytag Dishwasher
The interior portion of the Maytag dishwasher is either made of stainless steel or plastic. Their cleaning methods differ according to the material of which they are made.
What If the Inside of the Maytag Dishwasher is Plastic?
- First of all, wear your rubber gloves and moisten a toothbrush under flowing water.
- Drop some liquid detergent inside the dishwasher and start cleaning around the rubber seal of the door by using a brush. The food and debris tend to accumulate in that area.
Now, take a sponge and moisten it with the help of hot water. Pour some detergent in liquid form on your sponge and start wiping out the interior of your dishwasher, making it reach all corners. Try to wipe out the floor of your dishwasher by pulling out the bottommost rack. Carefully remove the food debris and scum by using paper towels.
Wash out the sponge in your hot water. Wipe the moistened sponge over your dishwasher to eliminate the excess amount of detergent.
What If the Inside of the Maytag Dishwasher is Stainless Steel?
Wear your rubber gloves. Consider using a moist toothbrush and a droplet of liquid detergent to clean all the areas around the door seal. Now, use a stainless steel cleaning agent on a wet sponge as recommended for all the Maytag dishwashers.
Start scrubbing all the interior portions of your dishwasher by using a stainless steel cleaning agent. Wash out your sponge and wipe it out all over the dishwasher again.
How Bleach Helps in Cleaning the Maytag Dishwasher
If you notice mold in your dishwasher, you must use bleach to wash it. Pour some bleach into the bottommost part of your machine and start a complete and heavy cleaning cycle. It will remove all the rough stains and grease from your dishwasher and make it fresh and spotless. Bleach is a good cleaning agent, yet it can be harmful and dangerous as it can affect the health of people suffering from severe diseases such as asthma, allergies, and autoimmune diseases.
How to Use Borax to Clean Maytag Dishwasher
If you are willing to remove the yellow grease from your dishwasher, you should use Borax, a natural cleaning substance used for cleaning purposes. It is a very natural and harmless cleaning substance. Use a sponge for cleaning along with Borax and scrub the dishwasher for it will be worth it. When you are done scrubbing, pour some Borax on the bottom of your dishwasher. As you had run a complete heavy cycle using vinegar, run the new cycle using Borax as a cleaning agent.
How to Clean Maytag Dishwasher With Vinegar
The simplest way to make your Maytag dishwasher spotless is to pour some vinegar into its bottommost part. Close your dishwasher’s door and turn on heavy cleaning and dry air cycles.
After the cycle starts, spray baking soda on the bottom of the dishwasher. Let it be soaked for almost 24 hours and start a heavy cleaning cycle again. Your dishwasher will smell fresher than ever. The cleaning of the dishwasher by using vinegar is highly preferable as it does not need any scrubbing.