Last Updated on June 29, 2022
Cleaning dishwashers periodically is essential to guarantee optimal performance. Although almost every dishwasher has a self-cleaning mode, it is sometimes good to do manual cleaning to achieve the required results.
Samsung dishwashers are quite popular among the list of best and most sold dishwashers due to their ease of use and excellent functioning.
However, even though you have bought a premium quality dishwasher, you still need to pay attention to the overall cleaning. If you do not know how to clean your Samsung dishwasher, here we have compiled all the necessary information to instruct you during the cleaning process.
How to Clean Samsung Dishwasher: Complete Guide
No matter how much you take care of your dishwasher, its warm and humid surroundings prove suitable for bacterial or fungal growth. Also, while cleaning, the food particles collect inside the drain or filter, which must be removed after every use to avoid bad smells and malfunctioning machines.
Other reasons also contribute to making the dishwasher dirty, which requires proper cleaning. There are some steps involved in the cleaning process, and you must follow them to clean your Samsung dishwasher accurately.
Washing the Interior of the Samsung Dishwasher
Plenty of methods are available to clean the interior of a Samsung dishwasher which might create confusion about which one is the most reliable method. Some of the effective steps involved in cleaning are mentioned below:
- Wipe the inside of the Samsung dishwasher regularly to get rid of dust and debris lingering ahead. Use a wet or microfiber cloth for this purpose.
- It is highly recommended to ensure maximum cleaning either by self-cleaning mode or manually.
- Also, clean the cutlery pad when you are done using it.
- The self-cleaning mode will also help eliminate the dirty spots out of the dishwasher and remove smells in the cutlery pad.
- You can turn on the cycle and run the machine without adding any detergent.
- Take a break in the cycle, add eight ounces of white vinegar to the chamber, and restart the washing cycle.
- With the help of a wet piece of cloth, wipe down all the grease. If the deposits are hard to remove, use a small amount of detergent and run another dishwasher cycle to rinse the inside thoroughly.
Important Instructions: Never remove the rubber seal present on the front of the dishwasher if you don’t want to keep the interior open.
Clean or Replace Samsung Dishwasher Filter
The second step involves cleaning the dishwasher filter to avoid bacterial growth inside it. Its cleaning isn’t difficult, and you can simply do it in the following ways:
- Take out the racks present inside the dishwasher.
- Find out the location of the filter and then pick it out of its position.
- Wash the filter by hand using a soft sponge dipped in soapy water solution.
- If there is the deposition of hard objects and food particles, try to remove them with a toothbrush.
- If the filter is in bad condition, it is good to replace it.
Cleaning The Exterior
The exterior of your dishwasher should also be cleaned to avoid germs and dust entering inside through the door. Here is the process of washing the outside of your Samsung dishwasher:
- Take a microfiber cloth and wipe the control panel softly to clean any dirt or food spills.
- It is recommended to use only mild cleaning solutions.
- Many electric components are present in the dishwasher, and sprinkling water on the exterior directly will cause huge damage.
- If your dishwasher door is made of stainless steel, try a cleaner that doesn’t disrupt the outer surface.
Important Instructions: Avoid using wax, alcohol, benzene, chlorine, or any other chemical for cleaning as these substances lead to discoloration of the exterior of your Samsung dishwasher.
Remove Debris Deposits Out of Cabinet
Sometimes food particles start to gather in the dishwasher’s cabinets and create a pungent smell if left untreated for several days.
To remove such particles, use some soft but damp cloth to scrape off them. Or you can turn on the rinse cycle at the maximum temperature inside the empty dishwasher once you have filled the chamber with detergent.
Unclog Nozzle of Samsung Dishwasher
Usually, the nozzles of the dishwasher get clogged, and you must unclog them to ensure the smooth running of your dishwasher. So, do not ignore any clogged nozzle and try to remove whatever material is blocking them.
- To unclog the upper nozzle, remove the rack present above it.
- Move it in a counterclockwise direction to detach the cap of the nozzle.
- Remove the debris and clean it thoroughly.
- Now put the nozzle back to its position and make the cap tight on it.
- To fix it properly, rotate it by hand.
For fixing the top nozzle:
- Look at the holes of the nozzle and try to clear them off.
- If the junk materials are present, remove them in the same way as mentioned above by opening the cap.
- Take off the cap, pick the nozzle out of the dishwasher and clean it thoroughly.
- Now insert the nozzle back and fix the cap on it.
You can also remove the lower nozzle of the dishwasher for cleaning. It is important to clean all the components of a dishwasher to restore its normal functioning abilities.
Cleaning The Spray Arms
Spray arms are also the part of the dishwasher that requires cleaning to run it efficiently. These steps are involved in cleaning the spray arms of the Samsung dishwasher:
- Displace the lower and middle spray arms by loosening the nuts.
- Use soap and water to wash the arms and bearings.
- With the help of a brush, scrape the hard objects.
- Rinse the spray arms and fix them back to their location.
Cleaning The Drain Pump of the Samsung Dishwasher
There are the following ways to clean the drain pump of your dishwasher:
- To clean the drain pump, you must check the garbage disposal first to find any faults or cloggings.
- By running a cycle, all debris will wash away out of the hose.
- If air gaps are present and somehow they get blocked, try to clear them. Blocked air gaps prevent water from draining and bring it back into the dishwasher.
- To eliminate the obstructions in the drain pump, you can use baking soda or white vinegar. The solution will loosen the large food deposits and make it easy to clean the dishwasher.
Our team of experts suggests cleaning your Samsung dishwasher once a month to normalize the smooth functioning.
Taking care of your dishwasher will take care of your whole kitchen chores and lessen the labor. Use the above-mentioned procedure to clean your dishwasher most efficiently and effectively.