Last Updated on June 22, 2022
Fisher & Paykel may not be as well-known as Whirlpool or Ge, but it produces many of the same appliances, such as dryers, washing machines, and dishwashers. Dishwashers from Fisher Paykel are designed to make dishwashing a breeze!
Depending on the model, Fisher & Paykel dishwashers may have one or two drawers. These are referred to by the company as Dish Drawers. When these dishwashers cause problems, users can diagnose and reset them without the help of professionals.
You must press and hold the key/lock button for 5 seconds to reset a Fisher & Paykel dishwasher. After that, push the power button to turn off the dishwasher. Wait 2-3 minutes before turning on the dishwasher with the power switch. The dishwasher is reset once the electricity is restored.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to reset the Fisher and Paykel dishwasher and its troubleshooting.
Step By Step Process To Reset Fisher And Paykel Dishwasher
Resetting Fisher and Paykel dishwasher
To reset this dishwasher, users must follow these four steps:
- Release the button five seconds after pushing and holding it with the key and lock image.
- Press the power button on the Fisher & Paykel dishwasher to turn the electricity off.
- Press the power button to restart the machine after a brief delay.
- The dishwasher should be turned off and disconnected from the wall outlet if the issue continues.
Cleaning the drain filter
Observe these steps to clean the drain filter:
- Remove the DishDrawer’s plug from the power source.
- On the base rack, raise the drain filter access panel (if fitted).
- The drain filter should be lifted out.
- Replace the item into the designated space after emptying, cleaning, and running water.
- Make sure the filter plate is flush with the drain filter.
- Reconnect the power supply to the DishDrawer.
How to Replace the Control Board on a Fisher Paykel Dishwasher?
To replace the control board, the user needs to perform the following steps:
- Turn the switch at your electrical breaker box to the “Off” position.
- Lift the dish rack out of the bottom drawer by pulling it out as far as it will go.
- Look inside the bottom drawer of the tub.
- Use needle-nose pliers to remove each pin by grasping it and drawing it out.
Troubleshooting of Fisher and Paykel dishwasher
Dishwasher not Draining
If your Fisher & Paykel dishwasher won’t drain, the drainage hose is probably the cause of the issue. Look for kinks or other damage in the drainage hose. A buildup of water may result if the drain filter is clogged with too much debris, therefore it is vital to check for this as well.
The dishwasher not turning on
Problems with the fuses, circuit breaker, power switches, or power supply may be at blame for this. A skilled appliance repair professional must safely investigate any electrical issues. Other issues could include a door or drawer that won’t close completely, a problem with the kid lock, or pressing buttons that won’t release.
Dishwasher not washing properly
Aim to clean your dishwasher, including the drain filter plates, at least once a month. Lift the plastic grid atop the drain filter to gain access to it. Lift the filter out of the way and remove it. When you replace it, make sure the drain filter is flush with the filter plate.
The noisy dishwasher motors
Verify the proper positioning of the filter plate/spray arm. Lack of water in the motor area may be the root of excessive noise. When the DishDrawer is used for the first time or after a prolonged period of inactivity, this typically happens.
Different Dishwasher Error Codes of Fisher and Paykel
U Error Codes
Error Code U6: detection of a spray arm issue
Error Code U4: drawer faults
Error Code U2: there is an indication of a loading error
Error Code U1: After around three minutes, the dishwasher failed to fill with water.
F Error Codes
Fault Code F9: failure of electronics
Fault Code F8: an electrical issue related to a reset error
Fault Code F5: an error with the lid involving the switch “lid lock”
Fault Code F4: increasing no increase in temperature but the element is energized
Fault Code F3: temperature of the water is over 85 degrees Celsius
Fault Code F2: no detection of motor rotation
Fault Code F1: water has filled the flood pan beneath the bottom drawer.
How do I fix the f1 on my dishwasher?
Follow these measures to solve the f1 error:
- On the bottom of the drawer, look for the drain-access filter panel.
- Remove it atop the rack.
- To remove the drain filter from the machine, pull up and lift it.
- To clean the filter with cold water, place it under the faucet.
- Reinstall the filter and make sure it’s flush with the DishDrawer’s bottom this time.
What is the source of my DishDrawer’s beeping?
For effective operation, the drain filter needs to be level with the filter plate. To begin, close the drawer and press the button. When the wash cycle is over, the Fisher and Paykel DishDrawer will beep six times. It is typical for some water to linger in the drain filter zone even after the wash process is finished.
How can I get my Fisher & Paykel washing machine unlocked?
By removing the pump filter cover located at the bottom right of your washer, you can unlock the washing door to remove your clothing. To open the lid, simply insert a coin or key into the slot, slant it upward, and then pull the door release tab.
What is the reason why Fisher and Paykel dishwasher is not turning on?
Make sure the power supply is turned on at the wall and the dishwasher is plugged in. Make sure the door is shut securely. Make sure the water is turned on and connected. Where the water inlet hose screws into the tap are where the strainer, which should be checked and cleaned, if necessary, is placed.
My Fisher & Paykel Ecosmart washing machine won’t reset. What should I do?
- At the wall, unplug the device.
- After 20 seconds, plug the device back in and select “Power.”
- Frequently, resetting the washer can solve the issue.
- To make sure water is feeding into the machine, turn on the hot and cold faucets that lead to it.
On a Fisher & Paykel dishwasher, where is the flood switch located?
Under the dishwasher’s floor is where you’ll find the anti-flood switch. Try taking the dishwasher out and tipping it back 45 degrees if the flood switch is on; this should cause water to come out of the base and reset the flood switch.