Last Updated on December 15, 2022
Our carpets suffer a lot of damage from regular foot traffic, dogs, settling dust, and unavoidable spills and accidents. Even the dirtiest carpet can look significantly better after using a Rug Doctor carpet cleaner, however, it won’t perform magic. Many supermarkets and home improvement stores sell and rent Rug Doctor Machines.
Rug Doctor Carpet cleaners will use the Rug Doctor machine to restore the carpets and upholstery. All the dirt, filth, and allergens hiding in the carpet are not accessible by vacuum cleaners. Rug Doctor Carpet cleaners clean your house by penetrating even the deepest layers of carpet and keeping carpet fluffy.
In this guide, we’ll learn how to use a Rug Doctor carpet cleaner and we’ll also discuss some advantages of Rug Doctor carpet cleaner.
You may also like to read:
What Is needed To Do?
Rug Doctor Carpet Detergent bottles list the coverage and square footage they can achieve based on their bottles in different liters. Just decide how many rooms are to clean.
Depending on how much cleaning you require to perform, however, as a general rule:
- Two rooms of average size may be properly cleaned in a few hours.
- Cleaning, drying, and moving furniture will take about a day for a typical three-bedroom home.
A 48-hour rental would be advised in this situation since very dirty carpets could need an overnight drying time before deep cleaning for the second time. The Standard size Mighty Pack or the larger Wide Track machine are the two Rug Doctor machines.
Steps For Clean The Carpet Using Rug Doctor
- Metered quantities of a fragrant cleaning solution are forced into the pile of the carpet by two-needle jets.
- The special brush with dual directions then oscillates at 3,200 CPM, deeply cleaning the carpet by rinsing the cleaning agent into the pile from the ending point. This makes sure that the carpet fibers are properly cleaned on all sides.
- The leftover cleaning solution is then up to 80% removed with a strong vacuum. This indicates that after washing, the carpet is nearly dry. The entire drying process takes two to three hours.
Let’s discuss the process in detail:
Please make sure that the carpet and hard floor surfaces can be cleaned with water extraction before using Rug Doctor Pro equipment and cleaning solutions on them.
Removing Furniture And Ventilating Room
We’ll need to get rid of any potential biggest obstacles to make sure carpet is cleaned from top to bottom. Furniture like seats, coffee tables, and bookcases might obstruct the machine’s route. Because they frequently result in a buildup of dirt and grime, these places are crucial to keeping in mind.
Place the furniture in the center of the room if shifting it proves challenging so you can clean the perimeter.
To get the greatest results while cleaning any carpet, preparation is essential. It is even truer if the floors are really dirty. Pick a day that is warm, clear, and doesn’t have a lot of humidity to clean the carpets. Small area rugs that don’t require cleaning should be removed, along with all small furniture, from carpets.
Clean the carpeted floors thoroughly after the vacuum cleaner’s bag or canister has been emptied. Remove as much dirt and debris from each room as possible by vacuuming twice, once vertically and once horizontally.
Pretreating helps in cleaning even the dirtiest carpet, even though some stains are nearly hard to entirely remove. The Rug Doctor suggests pre-treating stains using their products.
Use Hi-Traffic Pre-Treatment for sticky, greasy stains like motor oil, restaurant grease, or lipstick. Spot & Stain Remover works effectively on stains that are caused by food, ink, dirt, and other unknown things.
Use Urine Eliminator to remove stains from pet accidents and other body fluids. Spray the proper solution into the stains on your carpet and wait a few minutes while getting the Rug Doctor machine ready to clean.
Your Rug Doctor’s reservoir should be filled with hot water. To clean the dirtiest carpets, mix 1 /2 cup Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner with water or 1/4 cup if your carpets are only mildly stained. Move the machine from one half of the room to the other while walking back over the carpet.
The manufacturer advises moving one foot every second on less stained carpets, but one foot every two seconds on very dirty carpets. Keep pressing the red trigger of the device as you progress. The cleaning method will spray onto the carpet before sucking it up into the filthy water tank once again.
Advantages Of Rug Doctor Cleaning Carpet
Deep cleaning the house offers a lot of advantages, such as better air quality, enhanced carpet, and furniture appearance and feel, longer life of soft surfaces, elimination of stains and smells, and much more.
- With its extended handle and wheels, the Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner is practical cleaning equipment that can access all corners of the area.
- The 1200 strokes per minute motorized machine brush cleans even the hardest stains from the carpet.
- The device has twice as much suction force as other portable cleaners on the market, providing you with the greatest cleanup available.
- Platinum Pure with Oxy for Pets from Rug Doctor are cleaning products that are carefully created to get rid of stains, spots, and odors that have found their way into the home.
Additional Tips For Clean Carpet With A Rug Doctor
Avoid the impulse to circle the same place again. To minimize saturating the carpet, the manufacturer advises making no more than two passes over a heavily dirty area. Every pass should overlap the previous one by a few inches. The reservoir is empty when dirty water no longer pours into the tank.
Stop, add hot water and a cleaning solution to the reservoir, and then empty the used water into the sink or toilet. Open windows or turn on a fan once you’re done cleaning to hasten the drying process. Before replacing furniture or area rugs, make sure the carpets are dry.
For deep-cleaning your home’s dirty carpets, the Rug Doctor is an excellent tool. It gives you the option to extend the life of the flooring while giving peace of mind that all allergens have been properly removed. Almost all, Rug Doctor Products are child and pet safe. They provide a solution that meets the needs in the best way possible.