Last Updated on December 5, 2022
If you are looking for something that can help balance the cleanliness throughout the day and night, Bissell Crosswave is the perfect solution for you.
With the combination of mop and vacuum, this is useful to vacuum clean all your floors and then, for better results, mop all surfaces. You can get separate appliances in the market to get things done. However, with the two-in-one option in a wet-dry vacuum, all your worries will sort out in no time.
In this guide, we will describe how to use Bissell Crosswave if you are using it for the first time. Some tips will also be shared in the end to maintain it.
How to Use A Bissell Crosswave: A Simple Guide
What is Bissell Crosswave
The CrossWave by Bissell is an indoor wet and dry vacuum cleaner without a cord to clean various surfaces. This amazing machine makes even the dirtiest places, sealed hard floors, and rugs clean.
The vacuum starts cleaning all the surfaces when you press the button to turn it on. After clicking on the trigger point, the cleaning solution will release on the surface, and you will get 30 minutes of power supplied by its Lithium-Ion battery of 30V.
It works on a technology that keeps the clean and dirty water separate in two tanks. This helps release only clean water with a solution on the surface without messing with the system by drawing dirty water on the surface.
The self-washing feature allows the Bissell Crosswave to wash brush rolls and the appliance’s interior quickly without requiring effort.
Bissell Crosswave Assembly
The cleaning method using the Bissell Crosswave bit varies from ordinary vacuum cleaners that do not have a pre-installed wet-dry feature. Although it is not difficult to assemble it for forming tasks, we will let you know all the tactics step-by-step.
- First of all, pick the handle of the Crosswave and insert it inside the machine. Fix it firmly to the main position.
- Add some water inside the tank specified for clean water.
- Adjust the water body in its place and push it deeper into the machine till you hear the clicking sound.
- Pick the cord and unwrap it so the wire can reach up to the power source.
- Plug the wire inside the outlet and turn the vacuum on.
- Adjust the settings to clean rugs or hard areas and place the head of the vacuum on the surface where the brush roll starts spinning.
- Push the trigger to release the cleaning solution and water on the surface.
The Bissell Crosswave comes with an Easy-Clean Tray consisting of a drying tray for brush roll and a storage tray. You can easily store the tools and other materials associated with cleaning inside that tray.
The tray assembly is quite simple by just fixing the arrows of drying and storage trays together and then pushing them into the Crosswave.
Fill The Water Tank of Bissell Crosswave
- The water tank is present at the back side of the vacuum right above the dirty water tank. After finding its location, detach it from the position.
- Unclip the cap of the water tank before adding clean water. Add cleaning solution also into it.
- The amount of water and solution depends on the surface you want to clean. With the aid of measuring lines, you can do it fastly.
- It is good to clean a small surface to fill the tank up to the first line. The same is for the formula to be added up to the formula measuring line.
- While cleaning a large surface area requires more quantity that could reach up to the second line.
- It is highly recommended to use hot water but not boiling water.
- Now put the cap of the tank back to its position and fix it the way it was present earlier.
Cleaning Area With Bissell Crosswave
Though Bissell Crosswave can do multiple tasks, you won’t find anything difficult. If you are stuck at some point during first-time usage, the instructions will help you keep going the right way.
There are two separate cleaning modes for rugs and hard areas. So, it gives you another opportunity to do the task more effectively by switching between these two modes.
How to Use Bissell Crosswave on Carpet
- Before cleaning the carpets or rugs, try to wash a small area of the rug to check if it is safe and doesn’t damage or discolor the area.
- It is best to use Bissell Crosswave on the surfaces mentioned in their manual. This is not safe to be used on silk rugs or delicate surfaces.
- After completing the one cycle, wash the brush roll inside the Easy Clean Storage Tray.
- Now run the machine and release the water and cleaning solution just like the way mentioned in the general steps.
- Keep in mind that you will need to add a double quantity of formula for cleaning carpets.
- Bissell recommends running four wet sweeps and four dry sweeps to clean the carpet or rugs deeply.
How to Use Bissell Crosswave on Hard Surface
- To use Bissell Crosswave on a hard floor, you need to switch to the hard area settings installed in the appliance.
- Before starting, you need to press the trigger to release the cleaning solution, and the LED light will display the proper flow through the transparent area of the brush roll.
- It is good to run sweeps in both forward and backward directions to clean the hard area thoroughly.
- The solution will clean by pressing the trigger spray, and the brush roll will control the other tasks.
- When you are done cleaning, press the settings for Hard Floor again to switch off the machine.
Ways to Maintain Bissell Crosswave to Keep it Running For Long Term
Even though you are using the Bissell Crosswave in the right way by following all the recommended instructions, you will still need to do some extra maintenance to make it last longer with you.
- Make it a habit to always drain, wash and rinse the dirty water tank properly after every use.
- Ensure cleaning the brush roll and the chamber in which it is located.
- Take care of the Easy Clean Storage Tray.
- It is better to replace the brush roll after six months to keep your machine in good condition for cleaning.
- Always store Bissell Crosswave in a dry environment. Never put it inside an area where the risk of freezing is high.
Leave a Reply