Last Updated on June 12, 2022
If you have neutral-toned upholstery on your couch or armchairs, it will soon look worn out. The fadedness might be due to long-term usage but not due to dirt, or maybe if there is dirt, you must clean it.
Bissell Little Green cleaners are the most suitable option available, ensuring thorough cleaning to give a new look to your upholstery. It doesn’t only remove dirt but is ideal for getting rid of spills, dust, and allergens. And debris from all sitting spaces of your home, including carpets.
However, you are aware of the significance of it but unsure about how to use Bissell Little Green. In this post, we have gathered all the tips and tricks to get the most out of Bissell Little Green without enough effort.
How to Use Bissell Little Green: A Step-By-Step Guide
Before you start the cleaning process by following this guide, here are some parts included in the Bissell Little Green:
- Base Unit
- Flex Hose
- Bracket to Grip Hose
- Cord Wrap Holder
- Bissell Formula
- Cleaning Tools
Bissell Little Green provides the following tools:
- 3 Inches Tough Stain Tool
- 3-n-1 Stain Tool
- HydroRinse Tool
- Stain Trapper Tool
All these tools are selectable; you can start the cleaning process by choosing one particular tool.
How to Assemble Bissell Little Green
Several categories of Bissell Little Green are present widely that differ in design, functioning, and effectiveness in performance. Each model comprises a tank for collecting clean water and solution for cleaning while another tank to gather residual water is also present.
To properly use Bissell Little Green for cleaning, you must start with assembling all the components. You need to fix the hose clips and insert the wrapped pieces of cord at the base before using it for the first time.
In some models, a storage bracket is also present at the base to keep the hose. You can align it with the help of screws to hold it firmly in its position.
Fill the Water Tank
You can use a particular cleaning solution in Bissell Little Green. You must fill the specified tank with clean water and add a cleaning formula inside it to make a consistent solution.
Some models have separate compartments for water and cleaning formulas. You need to check out which part is for clean water and which is for a solution.
To add the right amount of water and formula, look at the indication line and fill it up to that mark. Fix the tank securely in its position by gentle pressing.
Note: Ensure you have added water and solution into the tank before running the machine.
Using hot water (140 Degrees Fahrenheit) is recommended, which you can easily get through the hot tap. It is not recommended to use boil water in the machine.
Making Arrangements for Tough Stains
If you want the best results out of your Bissell Little Green, then some pretreatment to remove tough stains will prove beneficial. After filling the tank with a cleaning agent and water, you must do this step.
- To run the machine, first, take the cord and hose, then plug in the switch to turn it on.
- Fix the tool for cleaning spots to one side of the flex hose.
- Position it a few centimeters above the cleaning spot.
- Now push the trigger present on the hose to spray the spot with a mixture of water and cleaning formula.
- Wait for at least five minutes before heading toward the next step.
How to Clean Stubborn Stains
- Pick only the most suitable tool for thorough cleanings, such as the three-tough stain tool for cleaning corners or upholstery.
- BInd the tool with the hose and press it gently over the cleaning area.
- Squeeze the trigger placed on the hose to eject the cleaning solution into the area and then release the pressure.
- Keep doing it repeatedly to get rid of the carpet’s grimed or heavily soiled parts.
- If you have attached a brush with a cleaning tool, rub it on the area to release the dirt.
After cleaning with Bissell Little Green, your carpet will take two to four hours to dry fully. You can expedite drying by using a fan or enhancing air circulation in the surrounding area.
How to Take Care of Machine After Cleaning
Though Bissell Little Green proves very useful in cleaning the dirty parts of carpet and upholstery, it also needs some maintenance care after usage.
Here are some tips for maintaining your machine after getting the job done:
- Turn off the machine and unplug its switch.
- Drain the dirty water out of the storage tank.
- Thoroughly rinse the dirty water tank with clean water before reattaching it to the machine.
- Fix the cord by wrapping it around the holder.
- Detach the cleaning tools from the flex hose and put them back in their position.
- Rinse the tools with hot water before storing them.
What are the Functions of Thermal Protector
Bissell Little Green has a great thermal protection feature that prevents the machine from overheating. The suction motor doesn’t operate once you activate the thermal protector. To fix it and use it efficiently, follow these steps:
- Unplug the machine
- Check if there is any blocked site inside the hose or cleaning tool.
- Allow your motor to cool down for at least half an hour.
- The automatic system will reset it, and everything will be fixed without hassle.
Why Bissell Little Green is So Popular
Due to the excellent sucking up dirt mechanism and cleaning thoroughly, Bissell Little Green’s hype also started from social media platforms, including TikTok & Instagram. People reviewed it after utilizing it to remove the stains from the dirtiest places, including the stubborn stains, and spots removed easily in no time with this amazing appliance.