Last Updated on June 29, 2022
The small-sized Bissell PowerForce PowerBrush is the lightest machine that easily removes all the stains and spots from each nook and corner of your home.
It might have been complicated for you to get the surrounding area of furniture and stairs cleaned with an ordinary cleaner. Luckily, with extra power and fast spinning brush, Bissell carpet cleaner cleans the carpet deeply to remove every particle of dirt.
If you do not know how to use your newly bought Bissell PowerForce PowerBrush, this guide will prove helpful for you. You can find all the details of using, assembling and storing your machine.
Follow Steps on How to Use Bissell PowerForce PowerBrush
The quiet operation of Bissell is of another level, making it more convenient to use. The machine arrives with all essential accessories, including the handle, dirty water tank, clean water tank, cleaning formula, bag, hose and tools for removing tough stains.
To get the best cleaning results with Bissell PowerForce PowerBrush, follow these steps:
Assemble the Water Tank
- First, take the upper handle and insert it inside the cleaner’s base.
- There will be a cord holder; attach the cord with it and remove its hook.
- Locate the clean water tank beneath the upper handle and move it slightly to fill it up.
- It is highly recommended to use hot water of about 140 degrees Fahrenheit inside the tank.
- Do not boil water to add to the tank; you can simply use tap water.
- Also, never place the water tank in the oven to heat water.
- Once you have to find the tank, remove its yellow lid and start adding water to it.
Add Cleaning Formula
- You can also add a cleaning formula along with water.
- It is good to have some high-quality cleaning formulas provided by Bissell. Use some pretreating formulas to remove stubborn and tough stains.
- You may also add a boost cleaning formula to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your current solution.
- Add a cleaning solution to the formula fill line when filling the water tank.
- The boost formula should be 2 ounces to deliver better cleaning results.
- You can also add Bissell Anti-Bacterial Formula to eliminate germs and other harmful substances.
There are some important suggestions you must keep in https://youtu.be/QUMDY0iAbMgmind before using Bissell PowerForce PowerBrush:
- Always use a dry vacuum cleaner before using a deep cleaner over the specified area.
- Do not go with repeated strokes if the material of your carpet can easily get damaged.
- To find the material used in making the rugs, you can look at the tag provided by the manufacturer. You can also run a test at a particular spot to check if the color fades.
- It is better to avoid using Bissell cleaner over silk or delicate fabric.
- To get desired cleaning results, you must refill the clean water tank and empty the dirty water tank several times.
- Plug the switch inside the safe outlet.
- Turn on the machine by pushing the Power On button.
- Put some pressure on the recline peddle with your foot to start cleaning.
- Also, hold the trigger to release the spray for almost 10 seconds. This will eject the cleaning formula onto the area.
- Proceed further by repeating the passes over a particular area. Keep doing it until the formula seems clean.
- When you are done cleaning, turn the cleaner off.
Using Hose for Cleaning
- Pick the accessory hose from the front foot of the machine.
- Put the hose in its place and fix it. Keep the release clip of colored hose overlaying away from the cleaner.
- Insert the tool at one end of the hose.
- Push the button to power on the machine.
- Carry the tool at least one inch over the soiled surface. Release the cleaning solution by forcing the trigger.
- Now apply some pressure in the downward position to suck up all the dirt and formula released on the surface.
Drain Dirty Water Tank
- Your cleaning has almost done, and now you need to take care of your machine.
- First, you need to remove the dirty water tank from the cleaner.
- By pulling the rubber tab, you can empty it swiftly.
- It is better to rinse it thoroughly by removing the float stack.
- You must also clean the red filter present at the bottom of the dirty water tank.
Post Cleaning Recommendations
Though you need to be very careful while using Bissell PowerForce PowerBrush for cleaning, some post-cleaning measurements are necessary to consider.
- Turn the machine off and detach its nozzle.
- Insert a nozzle cleaning tool inside the nozzle to pick up any debris or pet hair stuck inside.
- Place the nozzle back to the foot of the cleaner.
- Shut down the door to the accessory hose.
- You can follow the same steps for cleaning the brush roll.
- A comb can be used to eliminate hair attached to the brush during cleaning.
Replacing the Belt & Brush Roll of Bissell PowerForce PowerBrush
- To replace the belt or brush roll, you must detach both water tanks.
- You can easily get access to the components by unscrewing some nuts and bolts.
- Remove the cover of the brush roll and pick it out of its place.
- Fix the issue by repairing or replacing the whole part to avoid future problems.
- There you will find a toothed pulley where the pump belt must wrap for the machine’s proper functioning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the filter in Bissell PowerForce PowerBrush?
You can find the filter present on the left side beneath the bag compartment. The filter can be hand washed by using hot water to remove grease. After cleaning, let your machine air-dry the filter. When it is completely dried, put it back into the position.
This machine is great for cleaning all spaces, including the smaller area that an ordinary cleaner won’t be able to reach. The quiet operation isn’t loud and saves you and your family from frustration.
Using Bissell PowerForce PowerBrush might seem tricky if you are trying it for the first time. However, with this guide, you won’t find it difficult and do all house chores without any trouble.